onsdag den 31. juli 2013

The Route


 


It has been a while since my last post so I am guessing it is about time to post another one.

 

This time I will write a little about the route I have planned to take. I am still not sure where I am going to start but I know for a fact that I will end up in Santiago de Compostela (which is where the terrible train accident happened last week. In the light of the recent accidents with public transportation all over Europe I guess it is a good thing I will walk to Santiago. :-))




I will start my journey around Leon but I am still not certain whether Leon will be my starting point or I will choose a village further away. I would like to walk the last 350 kms of the Camino (it seems like a good number) however, from the road from Leon to Santiago de Compostela is only around 320 kms! I will decide once I arrive to Spain. Go with the flow listen to my gut feeling which makes perfect sense since that is one of my “tasks” along the way. Furthermore, I will be walking on my own out of choice more than anything else. For me personally that is the way it should be since it is MY journey and I want to be completely selfish about it. So only I can decide what pace I will be waling, how far I will be walking, when to stop for food and so on.

 


 
What I do know about the journey is that I leave Friday august 9 from Copenhagen airport at 18.05 towards Madrid with a stopover in Frankfurt. I will arrive in Spain close to midnight so I have booked a hotel close to the airport for the first night. Saturday morning I will get on a bus towards Léon and around 4 hours later I will arrive. I will spend the day sightseeing and staying at a pilgrimage hostel (or albergue as they are called) and the Sunday morning the fun begins. I hope to finish my in 2 weeks, meaning I will arrive in Santiago de Compostela august 25. It should be very possible to do and I might even finish earlier.



 
The trip is getting closer and soon I will not be sitting at a desk all day long but instead be walking in Spain looking for shells to point the way I am supposed to go. I am a little terrified by it (will I be able to walk so many kms day after day? Will I be able to walk the right way? Will I be lonely? Will I be able to get a bed to sleep in every night and so on) BUT more than anything I am very excited about my journey and I can’t wait for it to begin.



 

By the way I have named my backpack Ursula. Seems like a fitting name!

 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar